Study Abroad Scholarship for Italy at Mesa Community College
The International Education (IE) Office offers study abroad scholarships to provide financial support to students who wish to participate in a Mesa Community College (MCC) sponsored study abroad program. Incomplete scholarship applications will automatically be disqualified.
All scholarships awarded are conditional upon your full participation in a Summer 2018 study abroad program. If you withdraw before or during the program, for any reason (voluntary or involuntary), all awards will be revoked. If your award is revoked after funds have been disbursed to you, you will be billed for the amount of the award through your my.maricopa.edu account.
AWARD AMOUNT VARIES: Total amount of IE Study Abroad Scholarship award per student will not exceed $1,000. Applications will be scored based on the criteria listed below:
1) Must have applied to a study abroad program at Mesa Community College.
2) Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher at the time of application.
3) Must complete the Personal Statement of Financial Need.
4) Scoring is based on whether the student is a current Mesa Community College student, a Maricopa County Community College District student, an in-state student, or an out-of-state student. Priority may be given to current Mesa Community College students.
5) Must be able to demonstrate lawful presence in the United States. See acceptable documents to establish lawful presence (http://www.maricopa.edu/residency/lawfulpresdoc.php).
6) OPTIONAL: Additional assistance for 1-6 credits of tuition & fees through the Maricopa Grant Study Abroad Scholarship may become available if you are able to demonstrate financial need which requires completion of the 2017 – 2018 Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) form at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- If you need assistance completing the form, please visit the Financial Aid Office.
- You should file a 2017-2018 FAFSA by January 16, 2018 (at least 30 days before the study abroad scholarship deadline of February 16, 2018).
- Without the completion of a 2017-2018 FAFSA submitted to Mesa Community College at the time the application is reviewed by MCC, additional aid will not be considered.
This grant applies only to MCC study abroad courses that have a start date prior to June 21, 2018.
NOTE: Once you begin your scholarship application, you will be able to save your work. We highly recommend you write your essay in MS Word or another similar word processor, then copy and paste it in the space provided for your essay. Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any changes.