Student Financial Emergency Assistance Scholarship at Mesa Community College
MAXIMUM AWARD AMOUNT
Up to $500.00 (limit of one application per semester)
- Funds can be used for financial emergency student assistance that impact your ability to complete classes such as: automobile repair, bus pass, internet access (if taking an online class), tutoring, supplies as stipulated in the course syllabus, etc. Funds cannot be used for meal and rental assistance. For help in this area, please contact A New Leaf (http://www.turnanewleaf.org/)
- Checks are made payable to an organization/company on behalf of the student, not directly to the student.
- Must provide an online recommendation by a Mesa Community College board approved employee or adjunct faculty (Online recommendation is embedded in scholarship application).
- Preference given to students with extraordinary onetime need and filling out this form does not guarantee the student will be awarded.
- Recommendation should be supported by documented need (i.e. auto repair bill).
- Completing the application does not guarantee an award.
- Student must be enrolled at Mesa Community College
- Student can only apply ONCE a semester.
- Student must have a 2.5 or better GPA.
- Students must successfully complete 2/3 (66.67%) of all attempted coursework to be eligible for emergency assistance scholarship.
- Student must be completing 50% or more of their classes
- Funds can only be used for emergency assistance as stipulated on the recommendation form.
Employee: Complete the attached employee recommendation form (including: a brief but specific explanation of the students situation & why financial assistance is needed, organization/company information, amount of financial assistance, and student information). Sign and date, then give this form to the student for processing.
Step 1 – Complete the Maricopa Community Colleges Scholarship Application at maricopa.academicworks.com.
Step 2 – Search for Student Financial Emergency Assistance Scholarship at Mesa Community College.
Step 3 – Click on the Student Financial Emergency Assistance Scholarship link. Then scroll to the bottom to apply, please click on sign in and complete an application. All questions must be answered and all supporting documentation must be submitted online. The documentation must be current within 30 days of the date you are submitting this application.
Step 4 – Verify you have provided the correct email for the MCC employee that is completing your online referral form MCC Student Financial Emergency Assistance Recommendation form.
NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be reviewed and will be automatically disqualified. Completing the application does not guarantee an award. Funds are on a first come first serve basis.