AIP Merit Scholarship at Scottsdale Community College
2020-2021 Academic Year
The Merit scholarship provided by the American Indian Program, comes from different resources, who determine criteria, and is offered one per semester to to American Indian students in specific degree programs at Scottsdale Community College. A minimum number of these Scholarships will be awarded over the academic year to qualified students. American Indian students interested in applying for the Scholarship must meet financial need, general eligibility and minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) requirements listed below.
- Must be a registered member of a Federally or State recognized United States Tribe. (CIB or tribal ID required)
- Must have a High school diploma or GED.
- Must be admitted to SCC and be enrolled full-time (12 or more credits). Part-time students (6-11 credits) will be considered on an individual basis.
- Must be pursuing a degree or certificate at SCC. Student’s are required to turn in an academic pathway, degree check sheet or degree audit.
- Students who have already earned a SCC degree or any other formal degree from a post-secondary institution will be consideration on an individual basis.
- Preference given to students who demonstrate Financial Need as determined by the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Must NOT be on academic probation (please view cumulative Grade Point Average requirements below).
CUMULATIVE GRADE POINT AVERAGE AND CREDIT HOUR REQUIREMENTS
- Entering Freshmen: Have recently graduated high school with a cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher.
- Transfer Students: Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.75 at previous institution .
- 12+ credit hours with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher. Part-time students will be considered on an individual basis.
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A SCHOLARSHIP
Student will be notified through the American Indian Program office if they were selected for the scholarship. Questions about the scholarship may be directed to 480-423-6531.