AIP Hoop of Learning Scholarship at Scottsdale Community College
2020-2021 Academic Year
The award scholarship provided by the American Indian Program, come from different resources, who determine criteria, and is offered one per semester to American Indian , Hoop of Learning students in specific degree programs at Scottsdale Community College. A minimum number of these Scholarships will be awarded over the academic year to qualified students. American Indian students interested in applying for the Scholarship must meet the general eligibility and minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) requirements listed below.
- Must be a registered member of a Federally or State recognized tribe. (CIB or tribal ID required)
- Must be an SCC Hoop of Learning graduate.
- Must have a High school diploma or GED.
- Must be admitted to SCC and be enrolled full-time (12 or more credits). Part-time students (6-11 credits) will be considered on an individual basis.
- Must have declared a certificate or degree in an academic or occupational program offered at SCC. Student’s are required to turn in an academic pathway, degree check sheet or degree audit.
- Must be taking a minimum of 6 credit hours in courses within the degree program you are seeking.
- Hoop of Learning students can apply for this scholarship within 2 years of completing their high school diploma.
- Must NOT be on academic probation (please view cumulative Grade Point Average requirements below).
- Preference given to students who demonstrate Financial Need as determined by the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
CUMULATIVE GRADE POINT AVERAGE AND CREDIT HOUR REQUIREMENTS
- Hoop of Learning Graduate: Minimum SCC and high school cumulative GPA of 2.50.
- Transfer Students: Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00 at previous Hoop institution (discretion of Director and funding availability).
- 6+ credit hours with a minimum SCC and high school cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR A SCHOLARSHIP
Student will be notified through the American Indian Program office if they were selected for the scholarship. Questions about the scholarship may be directed to 480-423-6531.